On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 06:43:23 +0900, Dave Thomas <dave / pragprog.com> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2004, at 16:32, Sean Russell wrote:
>
> > However, I *love* having the reference available online.  Would you
> > consider providing an electronic version for people who buy the book,
> > or would that be courting piracy?
>
> We haven't decided yet, but it's likely that if we offer a PDF, it's be
> deeply discounted for folks who also buy the book. With the existing
> (considerably smaller) books, the PDF is $20, the paper $29.95, but the
> two together are $37.50. The prices won't be the same for the PickAxe,
> but the concept might be.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave

yes, i would love this.  i purchased your pragprog book proper, but
not the pickaxe because i would like fewer physical possessions in my
life, not more.  ideally my entire library would be PDFs on my laptop,
with backups on my server.

would you consider a cumulative pricepoint where if you achieve a
specific sales/revenue threshold, the PDF is made freely available?
have the community support your supporting the community, rather than
risking that burden upfront.

-z