Larry Wall's interview is how I found out
about Ruby.  Within a week I had Ruby
installed at home and work,  bought the book,
started rewriting my Perl scripts into Ruby
and generally made myself obnoxious at work
by telling everyone within ear shot how truly
great Ruby is.   I'm in love!

but check this out.  Where I work there's guys
who never it made it to Perl, they still write
their scripts in csh!   How old school can you get?

Perl is a gateway to Php and Ruby.

- greg s.