James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb / neurogami.com> wrote in message news:<40EDA21F.2010800 / neurogami.com>...
> For me, the question is whether Ruby allows one to do proper functional
> programming, not that it forces one to do so.

Actually, I'm going to backtrack.  By the definition of FP that I
chose -- no assignments, no side effects -- I'll agree that it
possible to do functional programming in Ruby.  Although this still
doesn't make Ruby a functional programming language, I'd agree that it
is enough to satisfy the "functional programming" clause.

--- SER