Dave Thomas wrote:

> So, for the new book, we won't initially be releasing the entire book
> for free. Instead,

I will gladly pay money for your new book.  The first version of Pickaxe
was what got me into Ruby in the first place.  Buying it was probably
the best computer book purchase I have ever made, and I have bought a
LOT of computer books (just ask my wife).

You guys definitely deserve to make money for your efforts.  Don't worry
about how this impacts your contribution to the Ruby community.  I would
say that other than Matz's creation of Ruby, your book has had the
greatest impact on the growth of Ruby.

Just my $.02.

Jamey