* "Pe?a, Botp" <botp / delmonte-phil.com> [0734 01:34]:
> Lyle Johnson [mailto:lyle.johnson / gmail.com] wrote:
>
> > In my opinion, books like "Programming Ruby" and "Ruby in a
> > Nutshell" do a fine job of documenting the basics of Ruby
> > programming. But when one moves on to more advanced topics
> > (if that's the right word), things like programming web
> > applications, GUIs, working with databases, etc. the
> > documentation starts to get spotty.

Definitely, I've had big trouble trying to get my head round
ruby-ldap, and drb and webrick are two things that scream 'learn me'
but I have trouble getting my head around without a book.

> btw, there are around a dozen ruby books in japanese. Anyone translating
> them to english

You could just learn Japanese :)

--
Have you noticed the way people's intelligence capabilities decline
sharply the minute they start waving guns around?