On Thursday 08 July 2004 03:28, "Pe, Botp" wrote:
> Simon Strandgaard [mailto:neoneye / adslhome.dk] wrote:
> > what monospaced font should aeditor default to on windows?
>
> 1. I prefer courier new for default font (as attested by this email :-)

im on a non-windows box where there are no 'courier new' font,
which makes it sligthly difficult for me.  Can you print out the font
for me?

to print out the font, you have to open the file 'viewfox.rb' and
goto the method named 'onSpawnFontDialog'.. at the bottom
you will see a commented puts statement.  Tell me what it
outputs if you remove that comment.

> 2. Also, can we disable tab coloring? When I use the tab, the background
> occupied by the tab changes. I prefer not to change it since the screen
> looks like xmas tree :-)

You can customize the theme, and assign a more annonmenous color to 'tab',
in your case you may want the same colors as 'space'.
Goto the pulldown menu -> view -> Customize Theme.
http://aeditor.rubyforge.org/aeditor_shots/011.png
The theme dialog are a little small, you will have to resize it so that all
options become visible.

when you are satisfied with the colors, then you have to
again goto the pulldown menu -> view -> Dump Theme.
now the program will output its color information to the console.

Finally you have to copy/paste the outputted colors to your '.aeditor' config
file.

Suggestions for easier customizing are welcome :-)

> 3. I was looking on how to enable the ncurses-mode for the editor. How do I
> set it up? I seldom use gui editors. Eg, I do not install guis on
> servers... (but that is only me :-)..

Sorry, no curses frontend yet.. however my old editor worked only with
curses. That old editor lacks syntax coloring, but has macros and folding as
its interesting features.

> 4. The gui is slow by way when you move the cursor. It seems that you do
> some parallel writing/debugging on the console. Can I disable that? I just
> want to test if it's the writing that is slowing down...

Kaspar Schiess also pointed out that windows has slow console output.

Yes GUI is a bit slow, this is mainly because that I don't have a cache for
the syntax coloring. GUI should become much faster when I implement such
caching. Saturday morning im going on 3 weeks vacation to the us, Im affaid
that I cannot complete this task before my travel.

Thanks for your report :-)

--
Simon Strandgaard