Lothar Scholz:

> Maybe someone can help me too. Is there any unicode monospaced font on
> windows that can display japanese characters ?

   With Japanese, 'monospaced' tends to mean 'duospaced' instead with full
width (Japanese ideographs) and half width (ASCII and Katakana) characters.
This was easy to cope with in previous times where the full width characters
were two bytes in a DBCS encoding and half width were one byte. With
Unicode, this correspondence is no longer true. There are also full width
versions of the ASCII characters (U+FF01...) but you don't want to be
forcing people to use them in an editor as they make the text very sparse.
Duospaced fonts readily available on Windows are MS Mincho (serif) and MS
Gothic (sans serif).

   Neil