Hello Curt,

The Ruby Installer still conflicts with because the TCL_LIBRARY is set
to a value that python can't handle (python needs TCL 8.4).

I think this is a show stopper bug.

I really get angry every time i install Ruby and can't access "idle"
(which is Python's standard IDE) anymore.

Can you please patch the main function in rubys "main.c" file
until the tk maintainer fixes this in the right place.

int
main(argc, argv, envp)
    int argc;
    char **argv, **envp;
{
#ifdef _WIN32
    NtInitialize(&argc, &argv);
#endif
#if defined(__MACOS__) && defined(__MWERKS__)
    argc = ccommand(&argv);
#endif
#ifdef _WIN32 /*added by Scriptolutions*/
    {char buf[280];
    if (GetEnvironmentVariable("RUBY_TCL_LIBRARY",buf,sizeof(buf)-1) < 280) {
      SetEnvironmentVariable("TCL_LIBRARY",buf);
    }}
#endif
    ruby_init();
    ruby_options(argc, argv);
    ruby_run();
    return 0;
}

And then change the TCL_LIBRARY environment variable name that you set in the installer
against a RUBY_TCL_LIBRARY.

This patch should work and i used it a few month ago when i shipped my own
Ruby Installer together with my IDE.