On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 02:05:42AM +0900, ts wrote:

> P>   Thread.main.raise exc, exc.message, exc.backtrace
>
>  This is Kernel#raise which can take 3 arguments : exception, message,
>  backtrace

It essentially does the same as Kernel#raise under the hood, but I'm
definitely calling Thread#raise (rb_thread_raise_m), not Kernel#raise
(rb_f_raise).

> P>   t = Thread.new do
> P>     Thread.main.raise exc, exc.message, exc.backtrace
>
>  This is Thread#raise which can take only 2 arguments : exception and
>  message

Why is that (I mean, is there any technical reason for the
inconsistency)?

In order to get the backtrace I wanted, I had to use a pretty ugly
workaround.

Paul