> > > If not for discouraging 'casual copying', then are there
> > > tools for general distribution? (Like py2exe for making
> > > executables for example)
> >
> > Well, here's some advertising for my own projects...
>
> What can i do when i have 2 or more scripts (think about a
> server/client program) that should be executable but don't
> want to deliver so much duplicated things. Is there any way
> to build two small executable and a shared runtime ?

No. The idea of RubyScript2Exe is to let a script run on
Windows in the simplest way possible (or "How can my mother
start an application?"). Manually copying one or more DLL's
isn't the simplest way. You could as well install Ruby...

The "hiding my code" in this thread is just a side effect of
RubyScript2Exe, not one of its goals.

Do you really care about size? I usually don't...

gegroet,
Erik V.