Sean O'Dell wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 July 2004 11:17, martinankerl at eml dot cc wrote:
>
>>Hi all! I am afraid this post is a bit offtopic. If you are not
>>interested in Bugtracking and Unit Tests, read no further! :-)
>>
>>At the moment I am playing with the idea of writing a simple bugtracking
>>system in Ruby. I thought that it would be a cool idea to integrate Unit
>>Tests with such a system: Every reported bug should get a unit test
>>assigned. If a unit test fails, the bug is automatically reopened. When
>>the tests is successful, it is closed. I have not really thought this
>>through, I am just asking if people here think this is be a good idea or
>>not.
>

> Actually, this does sound like a great idea.  Idea: allow the users who submit
> bugs to provide the unit test to prove the bug's existence.
>
> 	Sean O'Dell

It would have to be handled delicately. Otherwise, this sounds like a
great way to discourage people from submitting bugs. :( I can think of
lots of people, many of whom I work with, who would rather just work
around the bug than report it if the bug reporting process was too
cumbersome.

- Jamis

--
Jamis Buck