Lothar Scholz <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com> wrote in message news:<1135996093.20040702223749 / scriptolutions.com>...
> This is the last email interaction between matz and Sean E. Russel on
> the core ruby list with the Subject "Ruby 1.8.2 to be released"
>
> ---------------------------
> On Wednesday 23 June 2004 22:50, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> > If no one stops, I'd like to release first preview around the first
> > week of July.  But I need to count how much works left before
> > fixing a deadline.  How long do you think your work needs?
>
> I don't know, but I don't need you to delay 1.8.2.  It probably won't take
> more than a day or two to merge and test.   I just want to know that you
> won't release it any sooner than X.  Would it be accurate to say that X =
> July 7?  That is two weeks from today, more or less.

Read this conversanion carefully.  It does not mean that Ruby 1.8.2
will be released on July 7th.  It means that Ruby 1.8.2 will not be
released *before* July 7th.  While Matz may indeed release 1.8.2 on
the 7th (tomorrow, as I write this), he's said nothing that guarantees
that the 7th is the release date.

--- SER