Dave Thomas writes:

# Thanks to some wonderful flexibility on the part of Addison Wesley,
# Programming Ruby is now an Open Publication document. This means we
# can release the sources and derived content for general use.
#
# I'm trying to work out how to handle updates to the LaTeX, but in
# the meantime the XML and HTML sources of the reference material are
# available for download at
#
#    http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/downloads/refman.html

Hey, does everyone realize what a great development this is?

Besides the enormous convenience of instant local access and custom
searching, think of what this means for future Ruby IDEs and other
tools.

Please *profusely* thank Addison Wesley for all of us!!!!

(And of course, thankyou for pursuing this issue with AWL.)

# Dave (hoping someone's going to produce popup help for emacs by next
# week)

Sounds like a challenge to (g)vim folks. :-)

Conrad Schneiker