Hi there,

    I've been idly monitoring the threads on Ruby talk and found this one
interesting.   I am a native speaker of English and can read/speak Japanese
as well although I do not consider myself fluent I think it is good enough to
do translations into English as well.

    I just started learning about Ruby myself and find the language really
fascinating.  I have some experience coding in C and Java and smidgen of a
few other languages however I consider myself a hobby programmer now since I
my day job does not involve writing code.
    I DO notice the plethora of documentation in Japanese but the dearth in
English and although my time is really limited (work full time, classes at
night) I'd like to offer my services as well to helping translate any of the
Japanese Ruby documentation into English as well.  But one thing I'd rather
not do is duplicate effort so if Neil is translating something I'd rather not
waste effort ending up translating the same thing when I could spend my time
translating something else someone wants.

    So please let me know what you're interested in and if you can give me
some links or such where I can find it I'll try to fit in my spare time a
translation here or there.

Best Regards,
Alain Hoang
hoanga / alum.rpi.edu