Hello Curt,

CH> I have uploaded a release candidate for Ruby Installer that was built using
CH> the stable snapshot of the Ruby CVS dated 2004-06-30 (yes, that *is* today).

Is it possible to use a schema like python for adding information to
the registry about installed ruby versions. Every tool writer (like
me) needs this to detect the core library etc and also installer
programs for libraries should use it to install there stuff in the
right ruby directory.

Python installs under:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\{major}.{minor}"

at least two things:

"InstallPath", and "Help\Main Python Documentation"

The later one would be the pragmatic programmer *.chm file.
It would be a great help if we could do the same.
What's your oppinion about this ?