Neil Johnson wrote:

# I speak/read fluent Japanese and am a native speaker of English.  Is
# there any Ruby documentation out there that anyone needs translated
# into English?

Over the last year, the lack of an English translation for Ruby/Tk
stuff has been one of the most frequently mentioned items. But I don't
know how well that reflects current interest, since these people may
have moved on to GTK, or to Qt, or may have just given up on Ruby GUI
stuff for the time being.

However, since the Ruby Rocks book
  (
      aka Pragmatic Ruby
      aka Paradigmatic Ruby
      aka Perspicuous Ruby
      aka Profound Ruby
      aka Prodigious Ruby
      aka Polymath Ruby
      aka Promethean Ruby
      aka Pellucid Ruby
      aka Panoramic Ruby
      aka Palatial Ruby
      aka Precocious Ruby
      aka Porphyry Ruby
      aka the Pygmy-axe book
      aka Programming Ruby, the Pragmatic Programmer's Guide
  )
has a brief chapter on Ruby/Tk, I think there will still be a
continuing stream of interest in this.

# I've been programming in Java and Perl for several years now but I'm
# really excited about Ruby since starting to use it recently.

That's certainly great news, especially given your Japanese-English
fluency.

Conrad Schneiker