I am implementing Vuby in C++. Compiler output is bytecode.

> > Currently, the instance variables are implemented as an hash table.
>
> How is the hash table implemented right now ?
>
> Is it implemented all by yourself, ...
> e.g: What 'type' is the hash-key of ?  (string, object identifier, ...)
>       Where is the 'data content' of the object instance stored in ?
> (statically/dynamically allocated memory)
>
> .... or is there some element / interface / library of your implementation
> language you can use ?
>
> > In complied form it can be also implemented as an array.
> > Both of the methods have its only drawbacks and advantages but no
> > limitations on implementing the ruby language as it is currently.
> >
> > Has anyone thought about which might be better in case of compiled code?
>
> What do you mean with  'better',
> or, at least, where are your preferences  ?
>
> Data Reliability ?
> Performance ?
> Memory usage ?
> Flexibility in internal data structure ?
>
> A lot of questions, I know.
> But 'better' depends on them.

Each of his paramaters have conflicts like Memory is less in Array kind
rather than Hash but Array kind requires a recompile (internally for JIT
compilation) instead of Hash.
Better is that which suits 'general' conditions the best.

regards,
rolo