Sean O'Dell wrote:

>> [what ts did.]
> Ah, so it was insulting when I didn't accept his word outright.  I see.  Well,
> I meant no harm; I didn't know Guy knew so much about the internals he could
> make a quick call like that.

It's easy to just twist a situation so that it appears different, but
not always correct. You know that I didn't say that and I can truthfully
tell you that it neither is or was what I thought.

I mean exactly what I stated and that is that ts is right -- there is a
lot of problems that you will run into when you fiddle with Ruby's
internals which is why one ought to know what he is doing.

I have learned that while being part of development of evil.rb -- of
course one can't know everything and even less so everything
immediately, but one at least has to admit that he's not all-knowing.

But if you really can't agree with me here, then I guess it is okay. In
that case I just feel a bit sorry that a common denominator could not be
found; that would make all the people who didn't even try to find one
appear in a better light than they deserve.

> testclass.rb:2:in `require': No such file to load -- stringio (LoadError)
>         from testclass.rb:2

StringIO is part of Ruby's Standard Library. You should have it
available -- if it is not so then something might be wrong with your
Ruby installation.

Regards,
Florian Gross