il Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:41:30 +0200, Florian Gross <flgr / ccan.de> ha
scritto::

>So (foo)() and foo() aren't the same thing any more? It feels a bit
>inconsistent IMHO.

er.. actually they are not the same even now :)

irb(main):001:0> def foo
irb(main):002:1> end
=> nil
irb(main):003:0> (foo)()
SyntaxError: compile error
(irb):3: syntax error
(foo)()
      ^
        from (irb):3

>Also  foo  would be the same as  foo()  in your case if foo is a method,
>but it would be something totally different if it is a lambda.
>
>I think that a solution to this problem should make "def x; 5; end" and
>"x = lambda { 5 }" as equivalent as possible.

yes, but I did not came up with such a good solution. Maybe we need an
AI module.

>But of course I am not matz so I'm not the one to judge over this anyway.
>
>Maybe you could do a RCR? :)

mh.. two people answered and both were against this. Should I ? :)