I've got a few directories with ruby libraries.

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8

I am on a debian package and I installed "apt-get install libmysql-ruby1.8".
It installed the mysql.so file into the /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i386-linux/
directory. When I run irb or ruby it doesn't appear to be looking there.
Instead it looks in the /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8 directory. Any quick and
easy change to get ruby to look in the proper directory or to tell debian to
install to the proper directory? Thanks,

Zach
---