gabriele renzi <surrender_it / remove.yahoo.it> wrote in message news:<benvd0dfqknvj1p0okb16t8aqfcstk5007 / 4ax.com>...
> Just a thing, I forgot if you talked about it in the past.
> Why:
> user.age.lt( 18 )
> instaed of
> user.age <= 18
> ?
> is it for some consistency reason
>  (i.e. unable to overrride && and ||) ?

Most of my reasons are here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&safe=off&th=bd95be9531dd8783&rnum=2

Basically, I'm reluctant to use a syntax that looks almost exactly
like Ruby but is subtly different, which could increase the chance of
gotchas. For one thing, you can't override unary negation in Ruby, but
if you were to try it it might fail silently.

Note, however, that due to how this was all designed in Lafcadio, the
query inference syntax is pretty much orthogonal to the underlying
query representation. Meaning that although there's only one query
inference engine in Lafcadio right now, and wouldn't be too hard for
somebody to write a different, more Criteria-style query inference
engine, which could be swappable by configuration or even at runtime.

Francis