On Monday 28 June 2004 08:33, Mikael Brockman wrote:

> I think what Patrick means is that all methods assume that their class's
> initialization method has been called.  Currently, it's guaranteed to be
> called, since #new calls it.  What you're proposing -- #class= --
> removes that guarantee.

#class= can only be called on existing objects, so it can't prevent
initialization from happening (it already happened before you can even make
the call).  The takeover class inherits an already-initialized object.  I'm
not sure how else to say that.  The object is already initialized, #class=
cannot prevent that.  Both classes, the old and the new, work with an
already-initialized object.

	Sean O'Dell