il Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:03:16 +0900, Mauricio Fern?ndez
<batsman.geo / yahoo.com> ha scritto::

>> TypeError: wrong argument type UnboundMethod (expected Proc)
>
>Florian Gro? (flgr) thought of using #to_proc some time ago, something
>like:

yuk, thanks, I remember the trick.
But I was more in the mood of providing a method like this:
 ary.sort_by &getter(:size)

This has the advantage that #getter could accept some parameters and
return a more refined proc. Note that this does not actually save
typing :)

But to say the truth, I just dislike typing argument in blocks two
times, like
 do |x| x.foo end

I think I'll be happy with something like a 'default parameter' (say,
grovy has 'it' for this). Not that important, anyway.