>From: Jim Sfekas <sfekas / yahoo.com>
>To: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
>Subject: [ruby-talk:10464] Re: Ruby users in Sydney?
>Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 07:40:58 +0900
>
>I think we've hit on a need for the community here.
>It seems that people are interested in setting up user
>groups, but are having trouble finding other users
>near them to help get things started.  Now, rather
>than announce where I live (Washington, DC :-)  ) and
>ask if there's anyone else around, I would suggest
>that some nice person could set up a web page (or
>something) where people could announce their interest
>in setting up a group and where they are and people
>could make contact that way.
>
>Another list lurker...
>
>Jim Sfekas

I'm in Northern Virginia, USA, myself.  Couldn't be far from you.  I would
offer http://ruby.weblogs.com to announce interest groups, if people are
interested.  It's a discussion forum format, so it would be quite easy for
folks to post.  The wiki at RubyCentral could also be used, I'm sure it's a
little more popular and flexible and probably makes more sense because of
it.

Mike Wilson
Unix Administrator
http://ruby.weblogs.com