From: Rich <rich / lithinos.com>
Subject: Re: SQLite-Ruby and "other chrs"
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 23:58:13 +0900

Other way around:

I have a string containing a backslash.
How can I replace that backslash with nothing?

Or:
How can I store a string in a variable, which looks like this

		"R.N" + "'" + "Djamena"

( start- and end-" not included ).

When trying this:

I get naturelamente exactly this

  \"R.N\" + \"'\" + \"Djamena\"

as contents of the string. The "  weren't recognized as escaped as in
(shell scripting / bash )

	   echo "This the value of a \"string\""

This is the value of a "string".

Regexp.escape also seems not to fit this problem...