nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote in message news:<200406250254.i5P2sJtK003642 / sharui.nakada.niregi.kanuma.tochigi.jp>...
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:28:06 +0900,
> Daniel Berger wrote in [ruby-talk:104505]:
> > However, everything works fine if I install expat in c:\expat.  So, it
> > looks like the space in the directory name is causing a problem.  Is
> > this a problem with mkmf.rb or is it a bug in the Windows linker?
>
> It's a known restriction, but... it may be nasty.
<snip>

Wayne Chin was kind enough to point out that you can specify the short
path name instead as a workaround, e.g. "progra~1" instead of "program
files".

I tested it out and it worked fine.  I suppose we could add a patch to
mkmf.rb for windows file names using OLE + WMI.  It's up to you.

Regards,

Dan