On Friday 25 June 2004 09:15, ts wrote:

> S> It should be very easy to do.  I'm wondering if a C extension could
> possibly S> even do this.
>
>  You are right, a C extension can effectively crash ruby
>
>  Read carefully hash.c and array.c and just imagine what will be the result
>  if one method of hash.c will be applied to an array.
>
>  matz has one day say it in a message to ruby-talk : one information is
>  missing

You can do all sorts of things with Ruby, I see no reason why changing an
object's class would crash Ruby anymore than, say, redefining a method to
something different than an object expects, or including modules in a class
that don't belong there.  Just be careful of what you're doing.  I see no
FUNDAMENTAL reason why you couldn't change an object's class.

	Sean O'Dell