I'm in NY, NY, too. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Conrad Schneiker [mailto:schneik / us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 2:43 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: [ruby-talk:10448] Re: Ruby users in Sydney?

Ben Tilly wrote:

# robert dawson <Robert.Dawson / oracle.com> wrote:
# >
# >Harry Ohlsen wrote:
# >
# >>I was just wondering how many of the people who read this newgroup are
# >>from Sydney (Australia, that is)?
# >>
# >>Is it too early to start a Ruby users group here?  I guess that
# >>depends on the answer to my first question :-).
# >>
# >You got the right Country for me :).
# >
# >Although, I am in Brisbane Australia.
# >
# >(Is there anyone else in Brisbane?)
#
# Well if we are going to put out general requests, I am in New York,
# NY, USA.  Dunno if there are other people on this list here, but I
# certainly ran across several other people who liked Ruby at the
# recent LinuxWorld.

I know of 3 Ruby users in the greater Austin metropolitan area.

Based on the disappearances of "Programming Ruby" from just 2 big
bookstores, I suspect there are probably a few times that number in the
region.

Conrad Schneiker