What version of Ruby are you running?  From irb,
Object.class.methods.length return 74.

Instances of Object and Class should not necessarily have the same
number of methods, but Object.class and Class.class should since they
both return an instance of Class.  The exception being somewhere
someone added or a removed a method from the instance of Class
returned by Object.class.