Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:01034] Re: Is this a bug?"
    on 00/01/03, Dave Thomas <Dave / thomases.com> writes:

|I'm wondering if configure.in needs to be changed to pick a default
|for DEFAULT_KCODE somehow based on the machine's environment.

How can we pick up one's environment?  LANG?

|As a secondary issue, what does all this mean for the portability of
|Ruby source. If your system is compilers with EUC and mine with NONE,
|will I not be able to compile your programs?

I'm grad you English speaking person noticed that.
It's been a problem for us Japanese for long time.

I strongly suggest NOT to use non-ASCII (>0x80) characters in scripts
intended to be widly used.  Messages should be separated for
internatinalized programs anyway.  -Kn does not solve mixed encoding
problems.  Unicode may help, with little hope.

							matz.