I have the 1.6.2 tarball and I've unpacked it to /root/x. I've then run
configure, make, make test and make install.

All is well (other than it installs to /usr/local/bin and not /usr/bin)
except that the make does not make tcltklib even though the output of
make indicates this: 'compiling tcltklib' which skips straight to
'compiling tk'.

There is no makefile or *.o files in the tcltklib directory even though
they are created for all the other ext subdirectories. I can't see where
I have to fiddle to get things to work and the japanese README is
somewhat uninteligable.

I've run the extconf.rb file but no makefile was created. But I do note
that tcl.h and tk.h exist within the /usr/include directory but only
tcl.h is reported as being found.

I am hacking as we speak but advise on down to do it properly would be
nice.

Oh yes. I do have a working tcl/tk installation.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/