Steven Jenkins <steven.jenkins / ieee.org> wrote in message news:<40D3B63F.40404 / ieee.org>...
> Todd Gardner wrote:
> > I am looking to learn about the capabilities of Ruby in data
> > acquisition.  I data acquisition I mean acquiring analog electrical
> > signals from outside the computer.
> >
> > Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>
> If you're really stuck with Windows, I don't have any good suggestions.
> If Linux is an option, take a look at Comedi (http://www.comedi.org). I
> contributed some Ruby bindings for Comedi a few months back.
>
> Steve

Steve,

I have an extremely difficult time typing so I currently use Dragon
NaturallySpeaking under Windows 2000.  There used to be IBM's ViaVoice
for Linux however now in as "disappeared".  Unfortunately there is no
open-source alternative for voice dictation software that I know of.

So yes I am, "stuck" in Windows.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Todd