On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 09:40:24AM +0900, "Peņá, Botp" wrote:
> C:\family\ruby\rpa>rpa install instiki
> Installing ports
>   Installing instiki
> Getting http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/ports/instiki-0.9.1.rps.
> Error: getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname. aborting

There used to be a win32 specific bug in open-uri.rb, but it was fixed
on 2004-02-01 in the ruby_1_8 (stable) branch. However, the
Rubyinstaller is built with older sources for some unknown reason, so I
did a stupid workaround which didn't have proxy support.

I've decided to bundle the open-uri.rb from CVS w/ rpa-base, since
the rubyinstaller team doesn't track the stable branch.

Please find a new version which fixes that (and some other minor issues on
win32) in

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=265 .

--
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

'Ooohh.. "FreeBSD is faster over loopback, when compared to Linux
over the wire". Film at 11.'
	-- Linus Torvalds