I think the change probably makes sense- I think most sites now handle
being "slashdotted" without imploding.  My buddy's company got a huge
spike after being reviewed on slashdot, and his basic server in his
basement handled it with aplomb (IIS running VB and VBScripts no less).
And they had no expectation of that traffic or being reviewed.