On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, gabriele renzi wrote:

> il Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:27:25 -0600, "Ara.T.Howard" <ahoward / noaa.gov>
> ha scritto::
>

>> HashEnabled?
>
> the point is that a Map(temporary name) object can look like ruby's
> Hashes, but have a much different implementation (say, some kind of
> tree), and hashing defines a specific behaviour. Dictionary may be
> another one, but still ugly to me.

well, what are the 'requirements'?  O(1) lookup, insertion and deletion?  key
-> value lookup?  etc.  if it's mapping keys to values, then that could be
called mapping or hashing i suppose.  what about something involving 'key' and
'value'?  or something using indexable with a refinement for things indexable
by number, or by any object?  map may be the best work to describe this
behaviour...

-a