On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 09:00:06PM +0900, Chad Fowler wrote:
> I've actually had a working instiki gem for weeks, but I wanted to do
> it *right* and make proper dependencies on madeleine, BlueCloth, etc.
> as opposed to just redistributing them in the gem.  It looks like you
> did the latter.

I had packaged madeleine, bluecloth, redcloth and rubyzip separately
(available with rpa install), but decided to keep the ones distributed
with Instiki because I didn't know if he was targeting particular versions
(nor was it very clear from the sources which ones he was using).

I have contacted David Heinemeier Hansson and he's told me Instiki will
use 'the latest of each', so I have uploaded instiki 0.9.1-2, which uses
proper dependencies and removes unneeded sources, to the test repository.

This means that now
  rpa install instiki
will also fetch and install
  madeleine 0.6.1-1
  bluecloth 0.0.3b-1
  redcloth  2.0.11-1
  rubyzip   0.5.5-1

rpa-base testers can do

  rpa update
  rpa install instiki

to upgrade to the latest version.

Note that rpa-base's usual transaction semantics apply, which means that
this will install either all of the dependencies + instiki or nothing;
at any rate, the system should never be left in an unclean state, so
please report any anomalies in the transactional sublayer.

--
Running Debian GNU/Linux Sid (unstable)
batsman dot geo at yahoo dot com

* JHM wonders what Joey did to earn "I'd just like to say, for the record,
  that Joey rules."
	-- Seen on #Debian