--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

Hi,

> I think there's an already option for what you want, I think; the
> option's called ruby-deep-arglist, which you'll want to switch OFF to
> use your preferred style.

Doesn't help. In fact I don't see a difference with these three cases
whatever I set that variable to:

mylist = ["1", "2",
          "3", "4"]

if (("a" == "b") and
      ("c" == "d")) then
end

myvar = 3 + 4 +
        1 + 5

So I guess that either it's not working correctly or it's not supposed
to change these cases in which case I'd still wish for it to be
implemented :)

> Um, the case is broken, but I don't think it's the syntax highlighter
> :). You don't enclose conditional blocks in { } in Ruby

Ok. I'm obviously a Ruby n00b ;) Anyway, it's kinda confusing to be able
to use { } for blocks in one case but not the other. What's the reason
behind that?

> You also don't usually need parens round the conditional statement,
> unlike Perl.

That's just a matter of style / preference. I'll probably continue using
them 'cause I'd like to keep my programming style at least partially
equal no matter if I code in C/C++, Perl or Ruby.

> if i == 2
>   puts "foo"
> end
>
> Aah ... isn't that lovely and readable?

Sure it is. It's just nice having Emacs highlight the brace the current
one corresponds to. A kind of 'visual theres-the-start-of-this-block
marker'.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Mosu

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb