Heya,

I have a wish for the indentation with the tab key in the Ruby mode. I'm
currently using

(defconst ruby-mode-revision "$Revision: 1.74.2.1 $")

from Debian/unstable's ruby1.8-elisp package. So here's where (IMHO !) the
indentation with the tab key is not working properly:

1) Continued statements should be indented with only ruby-indent-level
spaces. At the moment it produces something like this:

myvar = 2 + 3 +
        4 + 1

I'd like to have it behave more like

myvar = 2 + 3 +
  4 + 1

assuming that ruby-indent-leve is 2. This might be desputable, so maybe it
should be an option.

2) Indentation with { } blocks is wrong. It does work nicely with e.g.
upto:

0.upto(2) { |i|
  print("i is #{i}\n")
}

but not with "if...":

if (i == 2) {
    asdasd
  }

After this passage tab indents to column 3, so this case is definitely
broken. Replacing { and } with begin/then and end fixes this, of course,
but I prefer { }.

Thanks for considering it.

Mosu