Robert Oschler <no_replies / fake_email_address.invalid> wrote:
>  Does anybody know what the dominant O/S for Japanese Ruby users is?
>  I'm wondering if it's Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, whatever?
>
>  Just curious.

I also am not a Japanese user, but I run ruby on my G4 Powerbook.  Ruby
is included in the factory installation of OSX 10.3 ("Panther"), and my
Mac has beautiful kana and kanji support (i.e., Japanese sites and mp3
data work nicely).

I've also run Ruby on FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and Linux (Gentoo & Debian), but
I can't vouch for their non-English character set support.

HTH,
Tim Hammerquist
--
In 1968 it took the computing power of 2 C-64's to fly a rocket to the moon.
Now, in 1998 it takes the Power of a Pentium 200 to run Microsoft Windows 98.