On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:35:11 +0900, Mauricio Fern?ndez
<batsman.geo / yahoo.com> wrote:

> First public release of rpa-base.
> =================================
>
> The Ruby Production Archive (RPA) will provide packages of Ruby
> libraries and programs in a form that allows production use, engineered
> through a stringent process resembling FreeBSD's or Debian's.
>
> rpa-base is a port/package manager designed to support RPA. Its scope and
> purposes are different to those of other systems like RubyGems.
>
> rpa-base 0.1.0 is now available on http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org .

We are pleased to announce rpa-base's availability as a RubyGem:

$ gem -Ri rpa-base
Attempting remote installation of 'rpa-base-0.1.0.gem'
Successfully installed rpa-base, version 0.1.0

$ rpa install rubygems
Installing ports
  Installing rubygems
Error: Couldn't find port rubygems. aborting

(note: must have RubyGems 0.6.1 or later http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=126)

If we are lucky, Mauricio will release an RPA port of RubyGems, which
we can use to install RPA. ;)

Chad