On 6/16/04 9:46 PM, "Pe?a, Botp" <botp / delmonte-phil.com> wrote:

> Mauricio Fern?ndez [mailto:batsman.geo / yahoo.com] annnounced;
>
>> First public release of rpa-base. =================================
>
> Thanks.
> Btw, if I use the packager, do I need to change anything in my ruby
> programs? In rubygems, I have to add require_gem eg.

Actually, because of our stub capability, you don't need to do require_gem
anymore.

You can just:

require "ruvi"

And it now works.  The 'stub' is a file in site_ruby/1.8 (named ruvi.rb)
which contains:

require 'rubygems'
require_gem 'ruvi'

So, require_gem is not longer necessary UNLESS you need to require a
particular version of a library.  In that case you need the require_gem
because it takes the optional second parameter that holds the version
requriement.

-rich