On Jun 16, 2004, at 4:28 PM, daz wrote:

> Joel VanderWerf wrote:
>>
>> Time.parse is documented in ri, but doesn't seem to be defined. Do I
>> need to require something from the stdlib?
>>
>> I'm looking for an easy way to convert things like "4:30" to relative
>> values--seconds since "00:00:00". I can just parse manually, of
>> course,
>> but was hoping for a standard way to do it, like
>>
>> Time.parse("4:30") - Time.parse("0:00")
>>

> Seems that it's an extension of the Time class by time.rb:
>
> require 'time'
> p Time.parse("4:30") - Time.parse("0:00")
>
> #=> 16200.0

I've had trouble with something like this before... would it be
conceivable that RDoc could be made to add a note to each piece of ri
documentation saying what file it is defined in? I think this could be
especially useful when looking up methods that are added to the Kernel
or Object, or tacked in the Math module.

cheers,
Mark