Richard Lionheart wrote:

> [...]
>
> P.S.  I post to the RubyUsers listserver indirectly through the
> comp.lang.ruby newsgroup supported by the news.md.comcast.giganews.com
> news-server.  This NG mirrors the RubyUsers list.  However,  when I posted
> the question  to which your post responds,  I never saw my post listed on
> the NG.

[For interest only]

My news service uses Giganews (which you mention) but I didn't receive it
and it's not on Google Groups (but Lyle's reply is).

However, your post did appear on Usenet because it was seen by the gateway
and mirrored to the ruby-talk mailing list (with attachments), which is why
Lyle was able to see it.

> I'm now of the opinion that the NG doesn't allows posts with attachments.

There must be some other reason that we didn't see it on the NG but these
things happen :(

daz