"Csaba Henk" <csaba / phony_for_avoiding_spam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:slrncd0mdg.5k9.csaba / degas.ceu.hu...

> So what I can imply there are two kind of closures in ruby: proc objects
and
> lightweight closures used with yield. Now I wonder, what's the difference,
> what is the addon that is provided with a proc object but is missing in
case
> of the "lightweight closures"?

Just a wild guess: the difference might be that the Proc adds a Ruby object
to the closure.  So internally a Proc might use what you call "lightweigt
closure", but it has the overhead that comes with object creation (namely
memory allocation, registration with the GC and maybe initialization).

> "There's more to life, than books, you know but not much more..."
> [The Smiths]

:-)

Kind regards

    robert