At 00:38 +0900 16 Jun 2004, Sam Roberts <sroberts / certicom.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, it's an invalid Message ID. I don't know
> who is generating it, either sendmail or mutt. Both might
> claim that there is a bug in whatever call they are making
> to the OS to get the host name, but its still wrong.

Mutt generates its own Message-ID headers so that they'll be present in
FCCed copies.  It *is* working with invalid data, but the hostname that
it gets from the OS is only used as the default for the $hostname
variable.  If you provide your own value for that, it will be used
instead.  You can do that by putting a line like the following in
your .muttrc file:

set hostname="valid.domain"

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron / schrab.com      http://www.schrab.com/aaron/
 You must realize that the computer has it in for you.  The irrefutable