Minero Aoki [mailto:aamine / loveruby.net] wrote:

> > I see that FileUtils already has mkdir. Is it possible to
> include an
> > option like -p for FileUtils.mkdir,  like :recurse => true
> or :parents
> > => true perhaps?
>
> I think different operations should be mapped on different
> methods. That is the reason why both of #mkdir and #mkdir_p
> exist.  I used UNIX command name analogy, but FileUtils is
> not a UNIX command
> (mkdir(1) does not have --noop option).

ah, Thank you Minero. My question is no big deal really. I just thought it
would make things simpler/easier for you if you concentrate only on mkdir
and remove mkdir_p. But I was wrong.

I find fileutils very helpful and powerful. Keep up the great work.

> In addition, Perl has two separate functions, mkdir and mkpath.

Ah, makepath -that is a good name also to remember.

> Regards,
> Minero Aoki

kind regards -botp