On Jun 15, 2004, at 8:29 PM, Lyle Johnson wrote:

>> 2.  The height of the window is appropriate when there are two
>> buttons, but
>> not when there are three.  Why?
>
> Actually, the height of the window *is* appropriate when I run it here
> on my Mac (i.e. under X11). I will have to see if I can reproduce your
> problem under Windows and try to go from there.

OK, I tried it under Windows and I'm seeing the (different) behavior
that you reported. Don't know why this doesn't work the same way, but I
did find a workaround; just override your main window's create() method
and add a line that tells the main window to resize itself to its
preferred width and height, i.e.

	class TwoButtonUpdateWindow
		def create
			super
			resize(defaultWidth, defaultHeight)

This gives the desired result for both Windows and X11.

Hope this helps,

Lyle