>I don't see how any of this counters my point that Linux software is
getting
>better because better programmers are contributing more often to open
source
>projects.

No one is trying to counter your point that better programmers are
contributing. We are trying to get the point across that, that isn' the sole
reason OSS is getting better. And a huge factor in this is because
programmers are able to spend *commercial* time on OSS, which you seem to
either disagree with or won't (or haven't) said that you agree with it.

Zach

---