On Tuesday 15 June 2004 12:14, Austin Ziegler wrote:
> Nathaniel Talbott [mailto:nathaniel / talbott.ws] :
>
> >> That's honestly what I think, that people are EXTRA annoyed that
> >> I went and did it for myself. It took the power away from you,
> >> didn't it? You can't tell someone "no, we won't do that" when
> >> they can just go do it themselves.
>
> You have a highly inflated sense of your importance to others to
> think that others are annoyed that you simply coded up what you did.
> Others are annoyed at the tone you have taken -- I am, most
> certainly -- and have other comments about your libraries -- I have,
> most certainly -- but we aren't about to tell you that you can't
> just go do what you did. Rather, I am suggesting that *competition*
> in this case may not be the best approach, where *cooperation* works
> far better. (It's difficult to say this, sometimes, as Instiki and
> Ruwiki are obviously in "competition", but they also have different
> design philosophies -- however, I think that were there convergences
> that could be found, we would cooperate in what we have.)

My only concern is for myself.  I released celsoft.com/Battery and
celsoft.com/Interface thinking some people may find them useful, but mainly
just for myself.

You should try finish up some of YOUR unfinished open source projects, or at
least get working pages going.  It feels good.

> > I personally am EXTRA glad that you took the initiative to go and
> > code it yourself. I am getting EXTRA annoyed at your attitude and
> > tone, though. I am worried that many will not look at or use your
> > contributions simply because of your demeanor on this list, and I
> > think that would be a loss.
>
> Thank you, Nathaniel, for saying the words that I was trying to say
> earlier, but failed. +1.

I think more than a few of you are too busy patting yourselves on the back,
you really ought to put your head down and finish up your work.  Your
releases look terrible, particularly, Ziegler.

	Sean O'Dell