Nathaniel Talbott [mailto:nathaniel / talbott.ws] :
> On Jun 14, 2004, at 13:25, Sean O'Dell wrote:
>> I think what we have is more than one person who is annoyed that
>> my ideas are not something they can just swat down, so long as I
>> can code them myself.

Not sure how I missed this earlier: this has nothing to do with the

>> That's honestly what I think, that people are EXTRA annoyed that
>> I went and did it for myself. It took the power away from you,
>> didn't it? You can't tell someone "no, we won't do that" when
>> they can just go do it themselves.

You have a highly inflated sense of your importance to others to
think that others are annoyed that you simply coded up what you did.
Others are annoyed at the tone you have taken -- I am, most
certainly -- and have other comments about your libraries -- I have,
most certainly -- but we aren't about to tell you that you can't
just go do what you did. Rather, I am suggesting that *competition*
in this case may not be the best approach, where *cooperation* works
far better. (It's difficult to say this, sometimes, as Instiki and
Ruwiki are obviously in "competition", but they also have different
design philosophies -- however, I think that were there convergences
that could be found, we would cooperate in what we have.)

> I personally am EXTRA glad that you took the initiative to go and
> code it yourself. I am getting EXTRA annoyed at your attitude and
> tone, though. I am worried that many will not look at or use your
> contributions simply because of your demeanor on this list, and I
> think that would be a loss.

Thank you, Nathaniel, for saying the words that I was trying to say
earlier, but failed. +1.

-austin
--
austin ziegler * austin.ziegler / evault.com